Saturday, August 8, 2009

RUN, RUN, RUN

Run, run, run...I feel like a hamster in a wheel...just moving my little feet as fast as I can, but not feeling like I'm getting anywhere. It's 6:40p.m. and I am just getting around to posting my blog for the day. Still helping my daughter get her new place in order and had a house full of women last nite and quite frankly...my brain is fried!

I did get some great story ideas sitting around talking with friends. Some creative "turn of phrases" were picked up here and there. What an interesting group of ladies I have in my life. Each and every one of them is very special to me in very different ways. We all seem to mesh together so well. I truly love them all.

We played a new game last nite called "The Game of Things". A card is picked with a statement on it...such as, "things you shouldn't say to your in-laws" or "things you wish worked by remote control." For each round a designated reader is chosen and everyone writes their brief response to the statement on a sheet of paper, along with their name and hands it to the reader. She then reads each response outloud and starting with the person to her left, that person tries to guess who gave what response. We played about 5 rounds and I was so entertained by some of the answers that were given. I was also able to come up with some funny ideas for future writing endeavors.

Thank you ladies for keeping me company while my hubby is out carousing with his men friends. You are all greatly appreciated!

Back to the actual art of writing...Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment