Tuesday, August 11, 2009

ALL WORK AND NO PLAY

All work and no play makes Debe a very dull writer. So I took the day off to play. Went to Topsail with my hubby who just got back from a four day trip. We placed our beach chairs close enough to the water's edge that the fringe of the waves would lap at our feet as it rushed toward the shore. What a wonderful way to stay cool on such a hot day.

I shared a story idea that I have for yet another novel with my husband and he liked it, so I'm going to start working on an outline...but not BEFORE I get those query letters sent to at least 30 agents regarding my completed work "Deadly Letters".

Fellow writers, do you ever feel that ideas are just vomiting (what a lovely word but appropriate for what I'm feeling) out of your brain insisting on being given a voice and being heard...but you have to "pace" yourself? That's so hard for me to do. I've got one completed manuscript, two others that I've started and here I go again...coming up with yet another idea. I'm gonna blame this one on a good friend though, who suggested I write a certain style of manuscript and then I couldn't seem to get past that and before I knew it I was coming up with a concept and started writing it in my head. As Scotty used to say "steady as she goes Captain." I need to slow down a little or nothing will ever truly come to fruition.

So my day of "rest" was good for me. I got to spend a lovely day with my beloved husband and although I shared my idea for yet another "novel" plot with him...I now know in what order I will be finishing each of these manuscripts I have started, while I sit and wait on responses to my queries.

1 comment:

  1. Debe, I really think you should try and contact a published novelist. I'll bet that what you are experiencing in terms of all these ideas is the sign of a great author evolving. I am excited for you.

    ReplyDelete