Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I GOT NOTHING....

I got nothing this morning. One of the rules of writing...when you don't feel like writing, when your mind is a blank, when it's pure agony to place your fingers on those computer keys...do it anyway! I'm sure this morning you aren't going to get anything worthy of praise, but hey...at least my digits are typing away!

Maybe I can just amuse all of you with a little tale from last night. Our next door neighbor came over for a visit with a bottle of wine. His wife is out of town for a few days and we love hanging out with them (missed her) so it was nice that he came to chit-chat for a bit. Remember the dog poop story I was driven to share with you in yesterday's blog? Well, guess what...we ended up in another discussion about dog droppings. I hadn't even mentioned the Saturday conversation, so this was a topic that morphed into being all on its own. We talked about dogs in our neighborhood who are allowed, by their owners, to use our lawns as their potties...we talked about burning bags of dog poo and believe it or not...it just all went downhill (if that's possible) from there. I'm concerned. Is this what my life has become...friends and relatives sitting around regaling each other with stories of poo?

I'm going out with a group of ladies' this evening. I don't plan on mentioning doggy poop at all, but so help me...if somehow this topic of conversation comes up...I am high tailing my butt (no pun intended) out of that place and back home to my fortress of solitude and peace and quiet. Can I get a "no sheeeeeet"?

No comments:

Post a Comment