Friday, April 2, 2010

WINTER'S OUT, SUMMER'S IN

I packed away all my winter clothes yesterday. I hate switching out seasonal clothing. I always feel the necessity to throw stuff out. I mean really...did I ever wear that ugly brown sweater with the horses all over it. Well, maybe once, but it is definitely ugly and I should put it in the Goodwill bag, but what if it's not ugly next winter? What if next winter, poop colored brown sweaters with horses charging across the front of them is all the rage? It could be you know. Not likely, but hey, why take a chance? I put it in the bin with the two tone green sweater that makes my complexion look ghoulish and the baby pink heavy knit one that belongs in Chicago weather and the yellowish brown one with leather buttons which quite frankly is rather manly. I just can't seem to let clothes go. I'll deal with them next winter.

I opened the summer buckets and began unloading all the short sleeve and sleeveless tops (need to lift heavier weights to firm up those underarm wings), the capris (time to start applying the sunless tanning lotion to my bone white legs), skirts, dresses...and things I didn't even know I owned! I put the shorts in a drawer (like I'll ever wear those with the cellulite explosion on my thighs). The bathing suits made me cringe. I was glad to find my full length cover-ups. Everything is either hung in the closet or neatly folded in drawers. I still need to switch out winter shoes for summer sandals. That's really the only part of this process I enjoy. I LOVE my sandals! My feet are probably my best feature right now, so I want to be sure to show them off!

I love summer. I love the smell of meat sizzling on the bbq, birds chirping, kids laughing, the warmth of the sun on my skin and the scent of blossoming flowers. I'm not too crazy about summer clothing anymore though. Winter clothes make me look so much better. Thank God, the style right now is loose and flowy. I can do loose and flowy!

Off to the store to stock up on sunscreen and sunless tanning lotion. Maybe I'll treat myself to a nice spray tan when I get up the nerve to actually don some of the summery stuff I've got in my wardrobe now. Sigh...I remember my 30's with such longing this time of year.

1 comment:

  1. i can not wait to wear my new sandals too!

    ReplyDelete