Sunday, April 4, 2010

A MOTHER'S PRIDE

"The acorn doesn't fall far from the tree". Silly quote, but I can finally relate to it. I'm proud to say I finally discovered a quality that my daughter inherited from me. Up until now she's seemed to exhibit only her father's genes, but this past week I saw a little bit of me shining through. She's creative!

A dance club, where she's been working on weekends for some extra cash, had an Alice in Wonderland celebration last night. My daughter did all the decorating for the event. She made baskets of flowers with playing cards scattered throughout, roses painted partially red which she stuck in artificial trees, small bottles filled with food colored water and marked "drink me", even a table with a tea set and teapot were displayed. She came up with all these ideas on her own and I was just bursting with pride.

One of my favorite activities is planning events. I've staged some pretty elaborate parties over the years and I miss putting these kind of celebrations together. It was fun to watch my daughter get just as excited about her creations as I used to get about mine.

I'm passing the torch! We've got a mini family reunion coming up soon and I can't wait to see what sort of ideas she'll come up with to help make it a huge success! Out with the old and in with the new!

No comments:

Post a Comment