Tuesday, March 30, 2010

YUM, SMELL THAT CUP 'O JOE

Anyone who truly loves coffee needs to stay away from the brew I produce. I actually had a dream about my coffee last night. In my dream I was hostessing a party at our house (pretty normal stuff). I walked into my kitchen and two people were standing there, coffee cups filled and getting ready to drink. I grabbed the cups and said, "Oh no, you can't drink that...it's way too weak!"

I like my coffee see-through. I love the taste of the creamer and the two teaspoons of sugar I add, but I just want the water "coffee flavored". I've been teased mercilessly by my coffee connoisseur friends, but I don't really care. It's how I like it. If I go to someone's house and they offer me coffee...I have to pour half or even a quarter of a cup and then add water, microwave, then add my cream and sugar. Most true coffee admirers look on in horror at this process, so I usually just say "no thanks" and simply enjoy the wonderful aroma the coffee produces.

I love tea, but there is nothing like the smell of coffee in the morning to wake me up and get me feeling perky. I don't think there's any law that says the coffee has to be pitch black or has to be consumed without any additional flavorings. Is there? Speaking of flavors...I also love flavored coffees. If it's not flavored, then adding some vanilla or hazelnut creamer makes me a happy camper.

I make two pots of coffee when I'm entertaining. One is a 12-cup pot which I make as dark as possible and the other is a 3-cup...just for wimpy ole coffee drinker me or any of my other friends who might simply enjoy the "idea" of coffee. Not that I've found any friends like that yet...but I'm lookin'. Any takers?

No comments:

Post a Comment