Monday, March 29, 2010

CRASH, BANG, BOOM..........

I'm not a big fan of thunderstorms. Maybe this is one of the reasons it's difficult for me to write Gothic romances. I can't imagine my heroine waiting for her prince charming, standing on the moors with the wind whipping around her, lightning blazing in the sky, thunder rumbling as she gets drenched in cold soaking rain. (see how that little scenario just went downhill) Not a fan! Not a fan at all.

Last night we had a doozie of a storm pass through. My hubby is out of town again, so I didn't even have him to cuddle up to. As I lay there quivering, heart pounding in my chest after the first huge BANG shook the house, I wanted the dog to crawl up on the bed with me. I thought at least I could hold onto him. He had his own problems though. He also hates storms and he was under my bed, trying to dig a hole through the floor to hide in.

His antics did take my mind off the noise outside my window. I was too busy yelling at him to stop digging at the carpeting and banging on the side of the bed in hopes of scaring him into coming out, to pay too much attention to all the racket outside. I finally had to resort to getting out from under the covers, including the one covering my head...lift the bedskirt and try to coax him out. It didn't work. He just stared at me, wide eyed and shivering.

I finally gave up on the dog, crawled back under my covers, grabbed my hubby's pillow, threw the sheets up over my head and wrapped my arms around the pillow. Not exactly the stuff that Desire romance novels are made of, but at least it made me feel a little better. The dog just kept digging till everything finally quieted down.

1 comment:

  1. i agree the dog seems to dig his way back to china, even though he is from mars

    ReplyDelete