Saturday, August 1, 2009

RUSH, RUSH, RUSH

Journalist often have to work with very time restrictive deadlines. That's how I've felt my life has been going late...deadlines, deadlines. What happened to my relaxing...it'll get done when it gets done down time?

I'm off this morning, paintin' pants on, roller in hand and ready to use my creative abilities in a fun way other than writing. This made me wonder. If you are a creative soul...are you creative in many areas of your life? Do you see the world through paint palette glasses and catchy phrases? I LOVE writing. It's what motivates me and makes me feel whole. But I also really enjoy making a t-shirt line I call "Posi-tees", album art, record bowls, psychedelic wood flowers, jewelry...anything that stretches my creativity makes me feel like the day is worth living.

Today's assignment is "interior decorating". I have a completely clean slate to work with. Brand new apartment, almost all new furniture and accessories going in...and my daughter has actually ASKED me for my help! Be still my heart!

Sunday...is my day off from blogging, so I'll see all you lovely readers on Monday morning. Go do something that stimulates your mind today!

No comments:

Post a Comment