Friday, July 31, 2009

IT'S A BUST....

As a writer one of my biggest challenges is finding time to write. I thought I was finally getting a grip on this problem. I've been doing my blog each morning, which I now loving refer to as "calethenics for my brain". I've been ignoring the dust bunnies and dirty dishes piling up in my sink. I certainly wouldn't want to see anyone try to "eat off my floor" right now! I mean I really thought I was accomplishing something here. So what's happened???

LIFE...oh not my life! But family, friends, neighbors...you know everyone who needs a piece of me and I can't say no. Actually, to be honest, I don't want to say no. If I say no then I will feel obligated to venture into "agent and query hell" and quite frankly...I'm avoiding. Remember years ago the cute ad "avoid the noid"? Well this agent/query/synopsis thing has become my "Noid".

I was looking back at some of my blogging over the past month and I must say...I sounded like I was on a roll. I'd gotten my manuscript out, read through it, made my final changes, re-wrote my query.................screeeeecccchhhhh.........that's the sound of my determination and fortitude coming to a halt.

My daughter is moving tomorrow. I'll be meeting her at the apartment office to lend moral support while she signs her lease today. Then I'm going to help with packing up final items. My son will be visiting us for the weekend, to also lend a much needed hand for the move. I will be spending the rest of the weekend painting, loading boxes and hefting heavy pieces of furniture in and out of the U-haul rental. I will need to cook and spend time catching up on the latest news with my son, who I don't get to see very often. In other words...this weekend is a "bust" for me as far as actively working on contacting potential agents.

Wonder what excuses I can come up with next week? Maybe I should put "avoidance" on my to-do list for next week also? Avoidance.....hmmmmmmmmmmmm.........................

No comments:

Post a Comment