Thursday, July 30, 2009

DAY OFF

I'm taking a day off. I'm taking a day away from my frustrations, headaches, lumps in stomach and overall frustration. I will unwind with a yoga class this morning, lunch with a good friend and I may even take a nap this afternoon. I plan to wind up my day with dinner and movie with another friend, but I am not going to worry at all about my writing.

Yesterday I was going through Guide to Literary Agents. I had previously marked several agents I felt might be a good match for "Deadly Letters". I ended up "googling" several of them and there is a website, absolutewrite.com/forums, that pops up each time you google an agent. It is a site that you can go to and chat with fellow writers. There is a special section for newbies to chat. The problem I ran into was that not one agent I was considering had anything nice written about them by the writer's on this site. Surely every agent out there can't be cold, heartless, lacking in vision or cruel. To read some these comments you'd come to believe that all agents are basically just "ball breakers" and I don't even HAVE balls (well not in the physical sense anyway)

Lesson learned? I am going to simply go directly to the agents website, see what they have to say and what they are looking for and if I feel that maybe...just maybe.. we could work well together, then I'm going to take a running jump off this cliff I'm standing on and pray that I make at least a semi-soft landing. I expect rejections. I won't feel like a real writer if I don't get some of those. But I don't want to feel like I've been drawn and quartered either. Be gentle with me oh great agent Gods...I am but a poor meager writer...trying to spread my wings and get a start in the world................

No comments:

Post a Comment