Thursday, April 8, 2010

MANI ANYONE?

I was bad today. I said, "screw the budget" and got a pedicure. Since being laid-off I've been doing my own mani/pedis, but it's just not the same. Do my nails look good afterwards...sure, but my back aches from leaning over to get to my tootsies and there's all that setting up the foot bath, polish, trimming tools and towels. There's no lovely leg and foot massage either. Not as relaxing when I'm rubbing my own calves. Nope doesn't do a thing for me.

So today I decided, because I've been feeling down lately, that I needed a little pick-me-up, so I splurged on a pedicure. That hour was like heaven! I always thought I'd hate getting pedis cause I don't really like people "playing" with my feet. One time trying it was all it took to get me totally hooked. These manicurist aren't playing with my feet. They are serious about getting my little piggies looking the best they possibly can and I could honestly fall asleep during the whole process.

I thought I'd feel guilty about this little indulgence, but I don't. Not in the least. I wish all our problems in life could be solved with a nice coat of nailpolish and a quick massage!

No comments:

Post a Comment