Thursday, September 3, 2009

STATUS UPDATE

It's nice to know that people are reading my rants and random thoughts. Thank you to all of you who wished me well during my stressful, stress test time. Many have asked for an update. Unfortunately (don't gasp...it's nothing bad) two of the people who administer the test went home sick right after lunch, so I had a choice...either wait approximately 3 hours to be tested...or reschedule. I rescheduled! So now I go back on the 9th. At least all the preliminary work has been done...EKG, initial blood pressure (which was high, DUH...I was nervous) I'll keep ya all updated.

On to more important things. I'm going to an Open Mic event this evening at the Royal Bean Coffeehouse on Hillsborough St. I won't be reading...I'm just going to observe and listen...at least this time. I think it will be interesting to see what kinds of things other writers are producing. I'm hoping for some fiction pieces and not just poetry. At any rate, I'll pick the brains of any authors who strike a cord with me, so be forewarned fellow writers...I'll be the one in the back, wearing the buzzard costume and grinning at you.

No comments:

Post a Comment