Wednesday, September 2, 2009

DISTRACTIONS

It's time to get back on track again. I've let a lot of things distract me these past couple of weeks and thus have put all my writing on a back burner. Time to move that pot up front and start things at a full boil again!

I get distracted so easily. I'm not sure that's a good characteristic to have as a writer. Most books I read on the subject stress "being focused". How do you do that though, when you live in the real world. Now if someday I can afford an isolated cabin in the woods where I will hole up for weeks at a time...not bathing, not brushing my teeth, barely taking time to even run a brush through my matted hair...staying "focused", tied to my laptop...eating bologna and cheese sandwiches just cause they are so quick and easy to make and consuming pots and pots of coffee, never seeing the light of day or the darkness of night because time will cease to exist for me and one day will segway into another...........see I'm distracted already. I'm not thinking about my current projects but my brain is jumping into fast forward and creating a whole new world there in the isolated woods...with a cabin so rustic that only an outhouse is available and a pump in the kitchen sink provides water from the well. CRAP...there I go again........

Okay, so enough of this...I am sitting in my very real house, on my very real cul-de-sac and getting ready to pull out my very real short story to work on today. The woods and all it's glory will have to wait for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment