Saturday, August 22, 2009

SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT

When you're moving forward into the world of becoming a published author it is so very nice to have supportive friends. I am blessed in this way. I've received so many words of encouragement and positive feedback that I know I'll keep moving toward my goal and plan to have all these friends come party with me when I finally find the right agent and my dream becomes reality.

One friend's faith in my abilities though came as quite a wonderful surprise. A dear friend from my High School days sent me an email after I was lamenting (great word from another friend) over the word count of DEADLY LETTERS. He said "We are becoming a world the Harry Potter volumes. Don't worry about that door, your door is right up ahead". My heart just soared. Here was a friend that I hadn't been in touch with for years...and he not only became a follower for my blog, but he inspired me to keep going and not to worry about the small details.

My door is right up ahead indeed! I just need to keep pushing onward, not allow myself to get caught up in all the little details, be myself and true to my writing and I know I will be a success! Thank you dear friend...you know who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment