Friday, August 21, 2009

ON A ROLL

Yesterday I mentioned that I was going to spend some time just quietly reflecting on a possible story for a writing contest I was interested in submitting to. Well...it worked. While sitting, sipping tea on my back porch, listening to the birds chirping and staring off into space, I began forming a concept for a story in my mind. I got up, came inside, and immediately began pounding away on my laptop keys.

Three hours later I paused to take a break. My head was starting ache because I hadn't even stopped to grab a bite to eat. When you are on a "roll" you are truly on a roll! The words were forming in my head sometimes quicker than my fingers could type them. It is such a satisfying feeling when you are not struggling to link words together into viable sentences and believable story lines.

Later today I will complete the story. I stopped yesterday afternoon at very good point in my tale and I now know where it is headed and how it will end and will sprint toward the finish line. I was actually able to sleep last nite because I knew what I had accomplished and where I was headed. Wish all the other issues in my life were as easily solved.

Till tomorrow................

No comments:

Post a Comment