Wednesday, May 26, 2010

GOING UNDER THE KNIFE

Surgery...I hate even the sound of that word. However I'm about to experience this thrilling event for the first time and I am not afraid to say that I'm nervous.

On our way back from our great vacation this past week, I started having chest pains about 4 hours from home. They got so bad that we stopped at an emergency room in Florence, SC to have me checked out. It wasn't my heart...thank God. However, the attending physician seemed to think it was possibly my gall bladder and suggested I go see my doctor on Monday. I went...was scheduled for an ultra-sound Tuesday and today I go see a surgeon. I have gall stones. What the hell? I'm a healthy eater, I watch my weight...I try to live a good life...and I get this crap.

A lot of my friends have told me they've had their gall bladders removed and it's no big deal...but this being the first time I've ever had a surgical procedure...it's kind of a big deal to me. I could care less about scaring. I'm dreading the pain afterward and the healing time. I hate not being 100%. Besides I had a goal of dying with all my organs and teeth in place. Dang gall bladder just shattered that dream.

I'm hoping the surgeon will be able to put my mind at ease about everything that's about to happen. I'll need lots of drugs, so I'm going to be sure he has a good supply handy!

It's a week of first. First cruise...topped by first surgery. Could I have my first lottery winning next please?

No comments:

Post a Comment