Tuesday, March 23, 2010

WINKLER WARS

Ahhhh, the joys of marriage. (is that an oxymoron?) My husband I can fight about the stupidest little things. I know I should save my energy for the big wars, but lately I find myself getting pulled into these tiny battles and losing my mind.

Our most recent struggle was over whether or not we (meaning my husband) should change out the toilet seat in our foyer bathroom. The current seat, had a couple of chips in it and I wanted a fresh one installed. Seems like a fairly straight forward, simple thing...doesn't it? No way! My darling husband could see no reason to throw away a perfectly good toilet seat just cause it had a flaw. I on the other hand thought it made the bathroom look worn and tacky and I wanted it GONE.

My husband manages a Kmart store. It's not like he had to take a trip somewhere else to grab a new toilet seat. I asked him to pick one up while he was at work. I asked for three days, til I finally wore him down and he produced my new seat. He took said seat into the bathroom and propped it up against the wall, still in it's packaging.

I tried to ignore it sitting there...screaming at me..."HA here I am, but I will NEVER replace the seat you're currently sitting on". For a week I kept my mouth shut. Then, one day, while sitting gazing at my beautiful new bright white toilet seat I reached down and looked at the store receipt, still taped to the package. It read $7.97. That's right $7.97. For $7.97 my husband is giving me hissy fits about not replacing our old toilet seat.

Let the BATTLE begin. I marched into my husband's man-cave and insisted that he replace the downstairs toilet seat today! I'm not sure why he likes to wait till my eyes are bulging from my head and I'm so angry I can barely force the words past my lips, but he does seem to take some perverse pleasure in seeing me in this state. However, things do tend to get done when the "she devil" appears. Within a few minutes I had my nice new shiny toilet seat waiting for me to try it out.

This is the nicest toilet seat I think I've ever used! It's surface is slick and smooth and it's truly comfortable to sit on. As women we always sit, so comfort is important to us. I love my new toilet seat and as soon as the smoke clears...I'm gonna see if we can install one just like it in our master bathroom for $7.97! DING, Round Two!

1 comment:

  1. the toilet seat upstairs does not i repeat does not need to be replaced!

    ReplyDelete