Thursday, November 26, 2009

THANKSGIVING CHEER

Just wanted to take a couple of minutes to wish every one of my beloved followers a Happy Thanksgiving! Soooooooooooo, well...HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

It felt very weird yesterday not to have a goal for my writing. I rested and didn't do any writing at all. I'll hit this keyboard hard and heavy on Monday...until then I'm spending quality time with my family. From the time November 1st rolled around, till Tuesday, my mind has been filled with plot lines for Damaged Goods (title may change on rewrite). I've only been half present no matter what I was doing or who I was with, till I had my 50,000 words typed.

I actually cleaned my house yesterday...for the first time in 18 days. Surprised it wasn't stinkier than it was! I had a wonderful visit from a friend who I haven't seen in 40 years! She was here visiting family. We'd reconnected through Facebook several months ago and it was fantastic seeing her again! She is one of the few people on this earth who knew at least a small portion of the circumstances in which I grew up. We talked a little more about that because of the book I've just completed.

Dorothy was right...sometimes "there's no place like home". I don't ever want to live in Peekskill again, but it is so wonderful connecting with friends from years past! I'll travel up that way in the spring, when things "thaw" in that neck of the woods, to do some detail research for my manuscript. Until then I will stay in touch with all my wonderful friends living there and visit them when I make my visit.

EAT DRINK AND BE MERRY TODAY! LOVE ALL OF YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment