Tuesday, August 25, 2009

BROKEN VOWS

How is it possible that I can't even keep a vow for one freakin' day? I had big plans yesterday. I was going to enter the "Fortress of Solitude". Yeah right. Had a doctor's appointment in the morning and then I had already committed to helping my daughter's boyfriend in going to the car dealership to pick up his new car. That was going take...well maybe an hour. I figured I'd just tack on two hours to my writing commitment and stop at 5 instead of 3.

Never happened. The car assignment turned into a nightmare...thanks to Jay at Imports Performance on Capital Blvd. Jerk...doesn't even begin to describe this guy. He may have just found himself as a character in one of my next books, as a sadistic antagonist! I have purchased many, many cars in my lifetime and this was by far the worst experience of my life.

Anywhoooo, not to get myself all tied up in knots again...but thanks to amazing incompetence it took 5 hours for this car deal to be finalized and by the time it was over...I was exhausted. Rung out. Totally depleted. I just wanted to take a nap. Certainly had no inclination at all to write, unless it was getting out my frustration about this chavanistic, slimey, bird-brain of a salesman. My daughter's boyfriend however seemed satisfied, so he got his new "ride" and I got indigestion and heart palpatations.

TODAY...I renew my vow to work on my writing from 8-5. I am making a new commitment and I am crawling into the fortress of solitude...........ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment