Monday, July 20, 2009

SEX SELLS

I broke my rule this weekend. I wrote on Sunday. I had exchanged a few emails with a fellow writer, here in Raleigh, Emilie Rose. She writes romance novels. Short, sexy, passionate infused romance novels. Of course, because we were corresponding (sort 0f) I felt obligated to grab one of her stories and read it. "Bargained Into Her Boss' Bed" is from the Silloutte Desire line. WOW. I remember reading the Harlequin romances when I was barely a teen and hiding them under my mattress and in the bottom of my dresser drawer under my panties...which seemed appropriate. They were considered scandalous back then. His throbbing member would send us teen girls into a fit of laughter and turn our cheeks red. When he kissed her and made her "swoon" with desire...we had a pretty good idea where that was going to lead, but we weren't lucky enough in those days to get all the details of exactly what took place.

Have you read one of these lately? Holy orgasm! This is my kind of reading and just for giggles sake I want to see if I can produce one of these myself. I think I need to do a little more (read "a lot more!") research though. I'm going to stock up on a good supply of Desire books and force myself to read through them. I'm sure I'll have re-read the "lovemaking" scene several times for learning purposes.

I wonder if my husband would mind if I take notes while we're in the throws of passion? Pen and pad in hand...hold on a second dear, was that one nipple squeeze or two. Were you just nibbling on my ear or my neck or both? I need to write this down.

Back to my first sentence...I broke my rule this weekend. I started a hotsy totsy, wooo hooo, novel. I completed the first chapter and part of the second. My sexer and sexee haven't actually met yet, but she's getting ready to go knock on his door today and trust me...SPARKS WILL FLY! How else would I be able to get to all those lovely bedroom scenes I'm excited about putting down on paper? Keep your eyes on the bookshelves in your local Barnes & Noble or Borders for "Catch a Fallen Star". This could be the most fun I've had in months!!

1 comment: