Monday, May 3, 2010

SHOWERS OF TESTOSTERONE

I love baby showers. I love the glow on the mother's face, the fun games, the laughter and the smiles and the "aaaahhhs" when the gifts are opened.

Sunday I attended a shower for the daughter-in-law of a friend. Seems like just yesterday I was attending baby showers for my friends and now so many of them are going to be grandparents. The circle of life.

This shower was different because the husbands were invited to attend. Women based events really take a twist when testosterone is thrown into the mix. Suddenly things that seemed so sweet and natural become fodder for jokes and laughs. Mostly male laughter, although the women did get a few giggles out of the raunchiness of the men. Nose syringes, gas medicine, anything related to nipples or breasts, hell...even nail clippers were the objects of amusements.

My husband summed it up very well, after the third fart joke, "this is why you DON'T invite men to a baby shower." Amen, brotha, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment