Monday, April 12, 2010

READERS SUCK

"These are the strongest contact lenses we can order for you. You'll have to supplement with 'readers' when needed." REALLY? Really Mr. Optometrist? Are you actually telling me my eyeballs are so old you can't find a contact lens that I can enjoy 20/20 vision with anymore?"

I am now the proud owner of five pairs of "readers". I hate those little suckers! I store one pair in my nightstand drawer, one in my purse, one in the kitchen drawer, one in the drawer of the livingroom coffeetable and one in the glove department of my car.

I want to start a movement (and I hope you will join me). NO menus, newspapers, books, websites, directions on processed food boxes, magazines or contracts of any kind can be written in any font size less than 14 and 16 is even better! They can't be written on a colored background either! I don't care how 'pretty' you think the color pink or blue looks for your webpage background or how classy your think black makes your website look. For the over 40 crowd...you suck! I want bright lighting in restaurants! If you don't want to destroy your freakin' ambiance, then hand me a a small flashlight with my menu so I can read it. You can just leave that flashlight with me so I can see what you're serving me later.

Okay...whew I'm glad I got that out of my system. Now I'm going to go perch my lovely kitchen readers on the end of my nose and see if I can read the directions on the box of brownies I want to make. Sigh.........

No comments:

Post a Comment