Wednesday, April 14, 2010

ZONING LAW

My husband, while sitting at his computer this morning, told me he was "in the zone". What exactly does that mean? Inquiring minds want to know. So of course I had to look up the word "zone". Isn't that what any good wife would do in these circumstances.

Here's what I found. Zone is actually a pretty flexible word. It is used in these areas: Geographic, Geology, Geometry, Sports, Postal delivery or time. It's used to describe specific areas or districts and there is even an "archaic" definition.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is...the next time you tell someone you are "in the zone", be more specific. Exactly what type of zone are you talking about? Perhaps even "step out of your comfort zone" when deciding what "zone" you want to be in.

Have you zoned out yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment