Saturday, February 13, 2010

BEDROOM OUT WITH OLD...IN WITH NEW

It became official...she was moving back in and we had to figure out what to do with all her stuff and her apartment lease. She had just purchased new furniture, so we will bring the bed here, but the sofa will have to be sold at a loss on Craigslist, and Lord only knows what we'll do with all the other stuff. We can decide that later.

I cleared all my exercise stuff out of her bedroom. As a "welcome" home gift my hubby painted her room the two-tone bright pink she wanted. Her brother came into town the following weekend to help us with moving her bed (which is HUGE). This was all very emotional for her. She found out things about her boyfriend that she probably wished she'd never known, as we began emptying drawers. I think it's good that she made her heartbreaking discovery. I hoped that it would help her healing process and assist her in moving on. I think all it did was add more anger...if that's possible.

We got her bed all situated and went out to do some cheering up shopping. She got a new comforter set, window drape and great mirror for her wall. She was able to find a small desk unit on Craigslist for her makeup, so she was basically all set.

Standing in the doorway of her now shocking pink room and looking around, I realized that my world was going through yet another major change and I wasn't sure I was very happy about it, but it's what us "mothers" do.

No comments:

Post a Comment