Wednesday, August 12, 2009

PARADOXICAL

Don't ya just love big words? Who made these up? I recently took a Meyers-Briggs Personality Test on Facebook. The word "paradoxical" came up and I had to grab the dictionary. I was thrilled to see that it actually describes me to a "t"...I'm a paradox! I am contradictory to what people often think I am, I am certainly "absurd", a puzzle, a quiz...at times. I'm just really in love with this new word. I will be throwing it into my conversations constantly now.

I don't always use words exactly in the way the "inventor" meant for them to be used. I think some liberties should be taken with our language. It makes life interesting. Many years ago I took a Creative Writing course at a local community college and one of our assignments was to compare ourselves to a famous person. The majority of my classmates chose people you could find on any local TV station or in a celebrity magazine, but not me, oh no, I chose...Picasso. Why? Because he enjoyed thinking outside the box. His paintings were a "hodge podge" of colors, shapes and images that I feel are a great reflection to what is rumbling around inside my brain on a daily basis. I don't like predictability, but yet I like my life to be orderly...see there's that "paradox" thing again.

So come on fellow "paradox(s)" join me in the revolution to be absurd and contradictory. Life is so much more fun this way. Keep 'em guessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment