Monday, June 21, 2010

FRIENDS HELPING FRIENDS........

I had my "heart-light" turned on today, thanks to the help of a new friend.Sandra Carrington-Smith, is an author, who lives here in Raleigh. I met her a couple of months ago at a freelancers meeting I was attending and instantly liked her. We had lunch together today and she is just an absolute fountain of information, and the nice thing is...she's an author willing to share her knowledge.

So many published authors don't want to talk to other writers. They will snub you. Unless, of course, you want to discuss them and their success. Then you can bet they will drown you with more information than you really wanted, and some how in that process manage to keep pertinent data, which might assist you in your career...to themselves.

Sandra isn't one of those authors. She is funny, warm, inviting and happy to help, especially, if she sees potential in you as a writer. She WANTS you to succeed, just as she has. Her novel, The Book of Obeah, is now out in bookstores and I thoroughly recommend it to anyone who likes a page turner.

I know that Sandra and I have forged a lasting friendship. One that will see us both through lots of book publishing parties and signings. Thanks Sandra, for all you've done to make me realize my self-worth as a writer. You are a true friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment