Friday, May 14, 2010

VACATION PACKING

Only four more days till our vacation! I can't wait to throw the suitcases in the car and hit the road. Well, maybe we won't be "throwing" the bags in the car. More like hiring a crane and "loading" them in. At least when it comes to mine, which I have already stuffed in anticipation of our first cruise.

I posted a statement on Facebook and asked if I should pack too much as opposed to having not enough. So funny how all the women said "pack away" and the guys said "take only half of what you think you need". HA, I'm a woman, fellas and we pack for every possible scenario. I have several dresses for evenings, shorts in all lengths and colors and then several tops to go with those shorts (cause you never know which one you'll be in the mood to wear), then there are shoes for each outfit and jewelry. Bathing suits (ugh) are a must. I only packed two cause I hate them...but I made up for it with four different coverups. Cardigan sweaters (brown and black), windbreaker, rain gear, tennis shoes and exercise clothes (thinking positive) and a pair of jeans...just in case. Underwear is also specialized. Bras in several colors, panties in different styles and colors...they're all going with me.

On Monday night I'll pack the cosmetic case. That is a separate bag altogether and the older I get the more lotions and potions I need to take with me.

My husband will pack his bag Monday night around 10p.m. He'll just open drawers throw T-shirts, shorts, a pair of swim trunks, one pair of dress slacks and a couple of polo shirts in his suitcase and he'll be done. He'll probably take two pair of shoes and a couple of hats also.

OMG...that reminds I forgot my hats...gotta go...more packing to do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment