Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I FALL DOWN...GO BOOM

I introduced my son, Adam and his girlfriend, Danielle, to the joys of Rum Runners on Saturday night. I can't say the place was hoppin', but we enjoyed ourselves. That is until I decided to take a nose dive.

At Rum Runners, periodically they will get people from the audience to come up on the small stage with them to dance or act silly. I got dragged up there to dance and Danielle joined me. I kicked off my sandals to give mY feet access to more movement and boogied away. When the song was over I jumped off the stage to grab my sandals and for some unknown reason decided to hop back up on stage instead of just walking back to our table. Didn't exactly execute a graceful move. I caught my sandal and toe on the edge of the stage and started to crash toward the floor. I was able to catch myself so I just landed on my knees and wrists (just missing the piano leg with my head). Luckily I had just enough alcohol in me not to feel embarrassed. I jumped up to my feet, did a brief bow and exited back to my seat.

I actually forgot about it till around 4a.m. when I awoke from a sound sleep and could barely move. I felt like I'd been in a car wreck. When did I get so old that just taking a little tumble could make me ache for days? I'm thinking maybe I didn't have enough booze in me. Maybe that would have made me more relaxed and I wouldn't feel like I've been hit by a train.

Note to self: drink more when out at clubs, in case you take a tumble.

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of the day I fell flat on my face in the busy quad of Brooklyn College with all the cool people hanging out and watching me. My books spilled everywhere. I wanted to die.

    ReplyDelete