Wednesday, April 21, 2010

RAIN...HIDE

I just got caught in a downpour coming out of Kroger. I've had all day to go to the grocery store, but thought I'd wait till the sky was filled with dark clouds and I could hear the roll of thunder in the distance.

My poor dog is still shaking, although the rain and the thunder has stopped and the sun is trying to shine again. Zeus is just terrified of storms. There doesn't even have to be thunder and lightning. He quivers at the sound of water pounding on the roof. Normally he'd be hiding under our bed digging at the carpeting trying to cover himself up, I guess...or maybe just make a hole to crawl into. I have the bedroom door closed so he can't get in there.

Sometimes when there's a really bad storm I will sit in the downstairs bathroom with him or we huddle together at the top of the steps. He's definitely not a lapdog, but when he hears any loud noises he tries to be!

He's frozen right now...literally, just standing in one spot, drooling and panting. I'm going to take him out to the porch to let him see that everything is well with the world again and he can stop dripping saliva on the floor.

Gotta love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment