Monday, September 21, 2009

BATHROOM ASPIRATIONS

Went to a wonderful Meetup gathering on Saturday night. A publisher from Novello Festival Press was there along with two copy editors. The information they passed on was amazing and I'm so glad that I went.

Besides the great tips I received...I acquired a new aspiration while attending the meeting! I want to be in the Quail Ridge Bookstore bathroom! This is the first time I have visited those facilities and besides loving the really cool table, in there, which looks like a pile of books...the walls are covered with autographed framed photos of authors who have visited the store. I have to admit all those people staring at you while you "take care of business" can be a little disconcerting, but I spent an extra ten minutes just checking out all the pictures. I want to be on that wall! I never thought I'd want to spend anymore than time than absolutely necessary in a public co-ed bathrooom, but this has now become my dream. You can have your Walk-of-Fame Hollywood...I crave a spot on the Quail Ridge lavatory wall. When I see my picture there...then and only then...will I know I have truly MADE it to the big time!

2 comments:

  1. So, you're into unisex bathrooms these days, huh? Did you get to rub elbows with the publishers? Did they take your work with them to review for potential publication? These are the important questions one must ask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only one bathroom available. ewww to that.
    One publisher and no she was not interested in taking any manuscripts with her and said I need to find an agent. So that's what I'll do.

    ReplyDelete