Monday, June 28, 2010

MAH JONG SUNDAY

I played Mah Jong with a group of my girlfriends yesterday. It's only my second time playing, but I have to say...I really enjoy it. It's a little rough learning all the rules, but once you do it's a lot of fun. The ladies' I play with are very patient teaching all the newbies.

Mah Jong is played with tiles. You can buy them in different sizes. I prefer the bigger ones, cause at my age they're easier to see. There are different "suits", like in cards. Bamboo, Circles, Characters, Winds, Dragons and the all important "honor" tiles. The object is to make 3 or 4 of a kind. There's a lot of strategy involved, but once you start playing it's pretty easy to catch on.Four people is the ideal number to play, but we played one round with only three.

The hardest part of playing Mah Jong is the scoring. Even this becomes fairly routine, though, after you do it once or twice.

If you're looking for a game that is challenging, but fun, at the same time...give Mah Jong a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment