Tuesday, February 16, 2010

MEXICAN STAND-OFF

My daughter's dog hates my husband. She is a 9 lb. chihauhua named Dolce and for some reason she has taken an instant disliking to my hubby. Whenever he is in the house she barks and growls and becomes completely obnoxious. Lord knows he's tried to get her to like him. She'll take food from his hand, but then back up and growl and bark. Needless to say, this is just one more stressful situation to put up with while having my daughter living with us again.

My husband was dealing with all this doggy turmoil very well, until our next door neighbor came over to visit and although Dolce barked at him initially, she calmed down almost instantly. She's also taken to my daughter's new guy friend. She's actually glad to see him when he comes to visit, which is like a kick in the nuts to my hubby. We keep hoping that eventually she'll realize he's a permanent fixture in this household and she will accept his presence without going kamikaze all the time.

Let's hope in a month or so I can report that Dolce has settled down completely and that, although we don't ever expect her to be "friends" with my husband, she will stop jumping, barking and growling every time he enters a room. Until then, it's a Mexican stand-off and it's getting old really quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment