Friday, August 28, 2009

AT A LOSS FOR WORDS

Gasp...yes that's right...I'm at a loss for words this morning. Too much personal life, not enough writing life. After this weekend though my life should be back on track again. Oh yeah...I think I've said that before, once, twice, a thousand times.

Oh wait...I'm digging down deep into my creative soul and yup, shore nuff...by George I think I've got something. I've got a question actually. Did you ever meet someone and while talking to them just wish that they were a writer cause the tales they spin are so interesting that you just know if they could put those words on paper everyone would enjoy reading them? I used to work with a woman, during my "employed" days and she could tell the most interesting stories. Not that it wasn't annoying at times, cause she could literally stand at your desk for 30+ minutes just yakking away about her grandma's cure for cankers and warts or her grandpas recipe for the best moonshine in the South or all the crazy things that happened at her latest family reunion. I always wished I'd had a recorder, because she had some amazing antecdotes to share which could create an amazing read.

Last night while having dinner with a couple of wonderful friends, one of the ladies was entertaining us with stories about the childhood of a new man she's dating. I was so intrigued and all I could think of was why isn't someone writing this down. What an amazing tale this would be. Some people are just blessed with a lifetime of fascinating personal accounts and I'm always just a little bit sad when I find out that person isn't a writer, so these tales will more than likely only be shared with a handful of individuals.

I know I've said before "we all have a story to tell"...it's just that some of those stories are way more fascinating than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment